Re: x220 notes

From: Kevin Oberman <kob6558_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 10:22:43 -0700
On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 6:25 AM, Ganael LAPLANCHE <martymac_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 11:24:24 -0700, matt wrote
>
> Hi,
>
>> Can anyone verify that suspend/resume is now broken on x220
>> with latest HEAD and the KMS patches? Suspend bounce causes
>> crash, resume beep makes modem sound and hangs, logs indicate
>> only suspend. hw.pci.do_power_resume=0 causes no change.
>
> Damn, I can confirm that I only get a black screen on resume (after
> being able to quickly see my desktop appear and disappear) with kernel
> from 2012/03/17 and http://people.freebsd.org/~kib/drm/all.13.6.patch.

With the recently posted patches to if_iwn.c. I can finally reliably
suspend and resume my ThinkPad. Unfortunately, I also get a black
screen. However, this is with VESA on 9-STABLE, not kib's KMS
patches. Also, I have not had a chance to confirm whether USB works
after the resume. I'll try some display related sysctls and check out
USB when I get a chance.

FWIW, the display does not come back on whether I am in console mode or X.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558_at_gmail.com