Re: RFC: FUSE kernel module for the kernel...

From: Gustau Pérez <gperez_at_entel.upc.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 18:52:48 +0100
On 18/03/2012 22:51, gnn_at_freebsd.org wrote:
> At Tue, 13 Mar 2012 23:40:23 +0100,
> Gustau Pérez wrote:
>>      Hi,
>>
>>      testing ntfs-3g, after doing a bit large transfer with rsync, I
>> found I couldn't unmount the filesystem. After some tries and before
>> checking that no process was accessing the filesystem I tried to force
>> the unmont. After that the system paniced instantly.
>>
>>      I'm running HEAD/AMD64 r232862+head-fuse-2.diff.
>>
>>      I have a dump of it, but it would seem that fuse is missing debug
>> symbols (I don't know why), so the backtrace is incomplete. I compiled
>> fuse just by doing make on $SRCDIR/sys/modules/fuse. I'll try to
>> reproduce the panic and figure out what happens. Any help would be also
>> appreciated on this other issue.
>>
> If and when you get a panic dump please pass it along.
>
> Best,
> George

    I'm trying to reproduce it. I saw that the fuse module is not built
during kernel build process.

    I added it to sys/modules/Makefile. That way it will be built with
debug symbols. That would allow me to get a complete core. I'll try to
get it a post it as soon as possible.

    About the setattr/getattr blocking problems with gvfs-fuse-daemon, I
will also try to see what is going on. Help will be appreciated because
it is quite useful in the desktop. George, please ping me when you have
time, I don't to send many information to the list, it may get difficult
to follow (I you think it won't, please let me know and I'll send my
findings as they happen).

    Thanks,

   Gustau