Kaffe does not build on powerpc: dependency for zero-vm

From: Super Bisquit <superbisquit_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 06:48:18 -0400
A few messages here:
1. An open apology to Brooks Davis. I already apologized privately; this is
for all others to know such.
2. Whoever complained about me cross posting on the lists, there are
reasons I do such. Java on FreeBSD on the PowerPC platform includes all
mailing lists here and- at times- a cc to the board. Although POWER is a
Tier2 architecture, it is actively being worked on and ported to different
systems. If you want FreeBSD to gain more support and a greater foot hold
in the OS market, then people must be more willing to market it towards
schools and businesses.
3. If the school approves, I'll be starting a FreeBSD project with PowerPC
and accessibility. It's a community college.

Kaffe from git does not have support for freebsd-unknown-powerpc either 9.0
or 10.0. The building of vm depends on this.
configure: error: Configuration powerpc-freebsd2 not supported

Apache-ant, openjdk6/7, icetea6-1.9.13, icedtea2.x, and apache-ivy cannot
be built. All must have a java type compiler.

If anyone has any suggestions as to a substitute for kaffe, please let me
know.

Mr. Lewis, you suggested me trying to port zero vm.
1. Java zero-vm is the natural build/alternate to those architectures that
aren't fully supported; i.e. non-i386 based CPUs.
2. Reverse engineering the ibm-powerpc-jre/sdk binaries may not be
agreeable to you or others; but, I've accomplished more and went further
than with this.
3. With the ibm-binaries, I can look at the headers and see what they are.
I am also able to see what the standard Debian-powerpc java requires.
4. I do not currently have Fedora or RedHat installed to any of my powerpc
systems. If anyone does, then what are the ldd outputs for the jre and sdk
release binaries- ibm release only?

I have to build on both Debian and FreeBSD to see where errors occur. Many
may not agree to my methods; but, it has helped tremendously with this
porting effort.

Thanks,
Everyday Nobody.