Re: x220 notes

From: matt <sendtomatt_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 14:29:32 -0700
On 04/30/12 04:54, Ganael LAPLANCHE wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Mar 2012 12:03:13 -0700, matt wrote
>
> Hi Matt,
>
>> I'll have to try again without the patch to see if it's
>> Xorg/KMS or FreeBSD base that has changed.
> FYI, I've just tried suspend/resume with all.14.5.patch and sources from
> 2012/04/28, but I still get a black screen on resume :/
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
> Ganael LAPLANCHE<ganael.laplanche_at_martymac.org>
> http://www.martymac.org | http://contribs.martymac.org
> FreeBSD: martymac<martymac_at_FreeBSD.org>, http://www.FreeBSD.org

Try setting hw.pci.do_power_resume=0 and hw.pci.do_power_suspend=0 in
sysctl.conf

If that doesn't work for you try setting each to one separately, and
together if all fails.

Also try setting resume beep and see whether it's getting that far
(debug.acpi.resume_beep=1). When mine failed I would get a beep, but it
would hang during the beep, making a warbling/modem type sound. The pci
options plus a custom kernel conf seemed to fix it, but I am not near
that machine right now...I think the pci options were all that were
needed, but it may have been the kernel conf as well.

I haven't tried the very latest current either, as I filled up my 4g
USB...I need to wipe it out and start again, it's not a good environment
for buildworld.

Sorry for the late response!

Matt