Re: OpenLDAP 2.4.31 on FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64 broken!

From: Hartmann, O. <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 21:11:22 +0200
On 05/05/12 20:36, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> On 5. May 2012, at 15:54 , Hartmann, O. wrote:
>
>> I'm floating like a dead man in the water and I was wondering if someone
>> else doesn't face this problem. FreeBSD is said to be run in large
>> environments, so at least one should have OpenLDAP as user backend
>> running ...
>
> Ok, I am running the same openldap version on HEAD in production on amd64 and i386.
> My HEAD is from about 20120426 1130 UTC and my packages are cleanly build on that
> wprld.

Here:
FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #0 r235062: Sat May  5 20:02:26 CEST 2012

I can not say what the last working SVN release tag was, maybe around
r234900, I can't say.

As I wrote, Thursday last week, ~20120503, a buildworld  from 20120502
worked fine. On Thursday 03.05.2012 I did the last source update and
buildworld, shutdown the box at home and switched it on on Friday
morning before heading to the laboratory - and LDAP failed. At the lab,
the box was still working, but I was highly risky in my motivations and
recompiled that box with a freshly updates source tree - and it failed,
too. I did not follow the tags, sorry.

Last I realized flushing into the sources was OpenSSL stuff due to
security issues. I use OpenSSL certificates to connect via TLS to the
server.

There is also usually no core dumped.

> The differences to what I see with your setups are:
>
> 1) I am still on db48.
>
> 2) ? Contrary to you I probably have MALLOC_PRODUCTION set for my builds;
>    not sure if that makes a difference but if this problem started recently
>    the jemalloc import could be the cause?    You didn't say from when your
>    last and your latest HEAD was.

MALLOC_PRODUCTION is set in /etc/make.conf as well as in /etc/src.conf.

/etc/src.conf is this on both failing FBSD 10.0-CUR boxes:

WITH_CLANG=             YES
WITH_CLANG_EXTRAS=      YES
#
WITH_BIND_LARGE_FILE=   YES
WITH_BIND_SIGCHASE=     YES
WITH_BIND_LIBS=         YES
#
WITH_IDEA=              YES
WITH_HESIOD=            YES
#
#WITH_BSD_GREP=         YES
#WITH_ICONV=            YES
#
WITH_LIBCPLUSPLUS=      YES
#
#WITH_OFED=             YES
#
PORTS_MODULES=          x11/nvidia-driver
#
MALLOC_PRODUCTION=      YES

Grüße,

Oliver