Re: ctfmerge core dump

From: Steve Wills <swills_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 10:18:12 -0400
> On 2012/5/6 5:08, b. f. wrote:
>> On 5/5/12, Steve Wills<swills_at_freebsd.org>  wrote:
>>> Thanks for the info. I took a look at the dump and see this:
>>>
>>> % sudo gdb /usr/bin/ctfmerge ctfmerge.core
>>> [GDB will not be able to debug user-mode threads: Undefined symbol
>>> "td_thr_getxmmregs"]
>
> Hmm, is the thread debugging broken on amd64 now ?  td_thr_getxmmregs
> resides
> in libthread_db and /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gdb/libgdb is complaining about
> the missing
> symbol.

Maybe or maybe I have done something wrong on my system. FWIW, I do all my
builds with debugging enabled.

BTW, just to confirm, I was able to work around the original issue once I
updated past r235068. I had to disable DTrace build and build and install
a new libthr, then was able to re-enable DTrace and everything was fine.

Thanks,
Steve