Re: "make delete-old" performance.

From: Peter Jeremy <peter_at_rulingia.com>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 12:38:57 +1000
On 2012-May-16 18:11:32 -0700, Devin Teske <devin.teske_at_fisglobal.com> wrote:
>Right now, I believe the most useful comparison between systems is
>(assuming UFS is in play) the output of "tunefs -p" for the
>filesystem that the slowness is appearing on.

These systems all run ZFS and apart from the first run, there doesn't
seem to be any disk activity at all.  It looks like the kernel is the
bottleneck.

>SoftUpdates (and whether it's enabled or disabled) can play a huge
>difference in how fast file-deletions are.

I've already successfully run "make delete-old" so there are no actual
file deletions.  This is all just looking for files that aren't present.

--
Peter Jeremy