Re: Customizing ubldr build...

From: Aleksandr Rybalko <ray_at_ddteam.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 13:03:57 +0300
On Thu, 24 May 2012 11:40:19 +0200
Damjan Marion <dmarion_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:

>> On May 24, 2012, at 10:25 AM, Aleksandr Rybalko wrote:

>> > Preload modules for example. (if it accessible of course)
>>
>> I was looking into this few months ago but I didn't found a value in
>> doing this in embedded world where we already have custom kernel for
>> each SoC/board.
>>
>> Maybe we will have GENERIC arm kernel one day, but there is long
>> road....

Agree with you. Most of my devices load kernel from just mapped
flash chip partition.

But now I have two PC style boxes:
1. Efika MX Smartbook
2. Efika MX Smarttop
both with FreeScale i.MX515 ARM SoC + 4M NOR for loader (I put
second uboot + ubldr into it) + 8G SSD

Which must be controllable by user, just like we do on PC.

Of course it is not urgent feature, but "good to have" :)

>> freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org mailing list
>> To unsubscribe, send any mail to
>> "freebsd-current-unsubscribe_at_freebsd.org"

WBW
--
Aleksandr Rybalko <ray_at_ddteam.net>