Re: UFS+J panics on HEAD

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 11:13:12 +0000
On 23. May 2012, at 21:38 , Lev Serebryakov wrote:

> Hello, Konstantin.
> You wrote 23 мая 2012 г., 17:10:46:
>
> KB> This panic is another protective panic caused by on-disk inconsistent
> KB> structures. The bitmap indicated that an inode was free, but actual inode
> KB> context suggested that the inode is in use.
>
> KB> I would not worry much about ffs code until known hardware problem on
> KB> the machine are fixed.
>  Konstantin, it is very sad, that official position of one of FFS
> maintainers (according to mailing list activity), is to blame hardware
> on every FFS/SU/SUJ inconsistency and do nothing with code.

Well, I had talked to him offline as well, and the machine, as I had indicated,
has well known bad memory, though ECC claims to correct still, so it's
not unreasonable.

I am however still not sure it is indeed hardware but hope will know
early next week if not the next days.  We'll see.

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!