Re: WARNING - DO NOT test: IPv6 offload support in HEAD + patch for stable/9

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bz_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 17:12:02 +0000
On 26. May 2012, at 14:01 , Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:

Hey.

> WARNING - please refrain from testing IPv6 or updating your HEAD if you do
> not have any of the above two NICs and rely on IPv6, or if you have updated and
> are experiencing problems.  Disabling -txcsum -tso for the moment should be an
> often unhelpful workaround.  It seems I was just lucky with my choice of other

It was not, as there was a further bug, which was fixed last night with

http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/236130

To fix the full problem, here's a proposed patch for testing on the latest
HEAD or review:

http://people.freebsd.org/~bz/20120527-02-fix-v6-csum-offload.diff

I'd be happy to hear back from anyone on short notice that it works for him,
and I'll get it in for (possible) further refinements.

/bz

   It does not matter how good you are. It matters what good you do!