Re: Kernel builds failing with lots of "failed to retrieve array bounds" errors

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 21:45:13 +0200
On 2012-05-24 22:50, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
> On 24/05/2012 20:21, Dimitry Andric wrote:
>> I've seen these too, and it seems clang produces debug info which
>> ctfconvert can't handle, for some reason.  However, in my case, the
>> kernel build doesn't abort at all, it continues and all the object files
>> seem to work just fine.
>
> Updated to r235926 & kernel build completed successfully.

Note, in r236149 I have pulled in a change from upstream clang, which
should fix the root cause of the "failed to retrieve array bounds"
messages.

For flexible array members (e.g. arrays at the end of a struct with no
specified size), clang didn't produce correct debug information.  This
confused ctfconvert, causing it to bail out.