Re: CURRENT: buildworld fails

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 16:56:51 +0200
On 2012-05-29 14:08, 山谷崇史 wrote:
> some log and file is overwritten.
> sort is already BSD sort. (WITH_BSD_SORT= yes in /etc/src.conf)
> cc is clang and c++ is clang++.(WITH_CLANG_IS_CC in /etc/src.conf)
> recheck the buildworld log:
> building static * library
> sort: No such file or directory
> sort: No such file or directory

Aha, this was probably broken in r235432, and fixed in r235546:

  Author: gabor
  Date: Thu May 17 13:08:30 2012
  New Revision: 235546

  Log:
    - Fix -o option that was broken by my clang compile fix

    Submitted by:	Oleg Moskalenko <oleg.moskalenko_at_citrix.com>

During building of static and dynamic libraries, bsd.lib.mk runs
lorder(1), a shell script, which uses sort's -o option.

But because the -o option didn't work correctly between r235432 and
r235545, it produced the error message you showed above, and the output
of lorder was incorrect.

Maybe lorder could be made more bullet proof, as it currently does not
do much error-checking; for example, the exit codes of most commands
(e.g.  sort, join) are simply ignored.

In any case, updating to r235546 or later should fix the problem.  To
fix an already broken system, rebuild and reinstall usr.bin/sort first.