Re: FreeBSD as read-only firmware

From: Alexander Yerenkow <yerenkow_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 00:12:03 +0200
Quick glance to nanobsd give me impression that:
1) nanobsd is MBR based, so :
2) nanobsd is disk-name-change sensitive.

GPT way is better - I'm using r${REV} as label, and root can be mounted no
matter how many other "firmware's" present, or how disks are ordered.

BTW, due to bug 173309 I had to rebuild and update my server, which took
only few minutes for reboot.

Well, nanobsd is great thing, I'll look into it a bit more, but it's goal
to have minified FreeBSD, while I need read-only one.

--
Regards,
Alexander Yerenkow