[solved]: r2421600 amd64 /var/db/pkg

From: Darrel <levitch_at_iglou.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 06:06:59 -0500 (EST)
On Sat, 3 Nov 2012, Garrett Cooper wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 3, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Darrel <levitch_at_iglou.com> wrote:

> Yes, the existing man 8 pkg does not seem to match all of the facts.
>

>     What you probably ran into is the common chicken and egg problem where
> if pkgng is upgraded ports, it blows up when it tries to deinstall the
> package, or similarly, when portmaster is upgraded, it doesn't halt the
> upgrade and restart it properly.
>     It's most likely still a problem; I'm going to doublecheck to make sure
> that's the case and file PRs if it is.

Thanks, Garrett.  For my current problem I am simply going to delete the
errant portmaster-3.14 from /var/db/pkg and then run 'portmaster -a -f -D'
with the hope that portmaster-3.14_7 can fix things.  If not I will try
reinstalling, the are only a few things installed- freeradius, postgresql,
and about a dozen others.

Darrel