Re: sysutils/lsof Author Question (for CLANG)....

From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2012 10:32:23 -0500 (EST)
On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, Larry Rosenman wrote:

> Vic Abell (the lsof author) asked me the following:
> In adjusting for clang I have come up with an unanswered
> question.  Where is the VOP_UNLOCK() macro defined?
>
> I've done a full search of all the files in /usr/src/sys
> and can't find its definition, but I find many, many
> uses.
>
> Perhaps someone on the freebsd-current list knows.
>
> Can someone help me help him?

It is defined in vnode_if.h, generated as part of the kernel build
process.
The source file is sys/kern/vnode_if.src, and look at
sys/tools/vnode_if.awk and sys/conf/kmod.mk for how it is used.

Once again, attempting to use kernel internals outside of the supported
interfaces is just asking for trouble; I do not understand why this
message is not sinking in over the course of your previous mails to these
lists, so I will not try to belabor it further.

-Ben Kaduk