Re: softdep: out of journaling space for softdep!

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 16:01:03 +0100
On 11/09/12 09:50, Eric Masson wrote:
> "O. Hartmann" <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de> writes:
>
> Hi,
>
>> I just received since two days from now on one of my FreeBSD 10-CUR
>> boxes a kernel message after syncing disks, just the moment when the
>> system is supposed to switch off or reboot, like
>>
>> softdep: out of journaling space for softdep
>
> Seen this morning. I disabled suj on all filesystems after boot single,
> fscked (there was an inconsistency on /) and all went fine then.
>
> I'll probably enable suj on next reboot today.
>
> Regards
>
> Éric Masson

I realized, that since I build with each kernel the virtualbox-ose-kmod
kernel module via /etc/src.conf, which does not build anymore due to
incompatibilities with the CLANG compiler, a new kernel with the changes
made mentioned in

http://svnweb.freebsd.org/changeset/base/242815

never got installed properly as expected and somehow I messed up, even
having had the proper SVN commit in the source.

I will recompile all systems tonight. Hopefully, the problem will go
away as it did with some others reporting here.

Thanks and regards,

Oliver