Re: Anybody willing to test out kload?

From: Ivan Voras <ivoras_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 12:40:21 +0100
On 15/11/2012 11:16, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 14/11/2012 23:56 Russell Cattelan said the following:
>> This has been sitting on my plate for a while and I would like to get some
>> more feedback / testing on this feature.
>
> A few words about what kload is and how to use/test it might increase chances
> of that actually happening.

Google finds this:
http://www.bsdcan.org/2012/schedule/events/325.en.html

I would have thought the major problem here is not the kernel itself but
the drivers, leaving hardware in undetermined state (especially server
hardware, which is numerous and surprisingly sensitive to there being
One True Way to initialize it).