Re: strange buildworld failure

From: Dimitry Andric <dim_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 12:45:03 +0100
On 2012-11-24 03:38, Benjamin Kaduk wrote:

>>> Does it always fail there at usr.bin/ypwhich?
>>> It's likely that -j3 is the culprit of why you do not see the actual build
>>> error because it might be lost off the screen. Try to restart without -jN.
>>>

>> Thanks, that worked.
>
> Hmm, buildworld is supposed to be parallel-make-safe.
> Perhaps a full log of the failing buildworld (e.g., with script(1)) could
> be posted for analysis?

Well, either a full log, or the tail of the log, as long as it contains
the actual command(s) that failed.  Sometimes it can help to search
backwards with less, or your favorite editor, for the string "error:",
or if there is no such string, searching for other problem indicators.

Also, copies of make.conf and src.conf are often essential in finding
the cause of the problem.  Many build issues are caused by erroneous
settings. :)