Re: Is cross-world building broken?

From: Ian Lepore <freebsd_at_damnhippie.dyndns.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:14:27 -0700
On Fri, 2012-11-30 at 09:36 -0800, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:15:03 -0700, Ian Lepore writes:
> >So when did this break, and why can't it be fixed?  I've been using
>
> Sorry I missed the begining of this thread,
> is anything broken?

I haven't experienced anything myself, I assumed because I've been too
busy to update any of my -current sandboxes for weeks.  I was just going
by the earlier messages in this thread, which were roughly

  "A cross-build breaks early in the process if DESTDIR is set"

followed by

  "DESTDIR must only be set for installworld, buildworld, and distribute
targets."

If either of those statements is true, that strikes me as breakage,
because it never used to be that way.

Maybe I've misunderstood something about the earlier messages in the
thread.

-- Ian