Re: [HEADSUP] current switched by default to pkgng

From: Victor Balada Diaz <victor_at_bsdes.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 18:25:08 +0200
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 03:44:21PM +0200, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If you are using the ports tree on a FreeBSD current setup, then you are
> concerned by the announce.
>
> As nvidia-drivers has been fixed and is now properly working with pkgng, the
> ports tree as been switch by default to use pkgng on FreeBSD Current based on
> version >= 1000017 which was the version when we tested the switch code.
>
> Make sure to read UPDATING (from ports) to correctly migrate your system or find
> instruction to make your system still running with legacy pkg_install tools.
>
> regards,
> Bapt

Hello Baptiste,

Thanks a lot for your hard work.

I've been using pkgng for a while on 9.0 and it's been a great experience.

Right now you can use pointyhat packages[1] if you use old pkg tools. Is
there any plan to create binary packages more often than once per release?

Regards.
Victor.

[1]: http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/amd64-10-packages-latest/
--
La prueba más fehaciente de que existe vida inteligente en otros
planetas, es que no han intentado contactar con nosotros.