Re: [HEADSUP] current switched by default to pkgng

From: Stefan Esser <se_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 11:42:11 +0200
Am 11.10.2012 08:02, schrieb Matthew Seaman:
> On 10/10/2012 23:20, Vincent Hoffman wrote:
>>> That's if you were to patch an already installed copy of
>>> portmaster.

>> Actually not so, maybe something has changed recently?

Definitely ;-)

> I stand corrected.  Looks like Bryan switched things around a bit
> when he imported everything to GitHub.
>
> I'll fix the patch pro-tem although it should become redundant Real
> Soon Now.

My first assumption was, that the patch had already been integrated
into portmaster, when it failed to apply to the updated port. But the
resulting portmaster script did not support PKGNG, which made me look
for an updated patch and finally try to apply the previous patch to
the renamed file fetched by the port.

I just wanted to point out, that while the patch from October 2nd
does no longer find the file to patch (since it has been renamed),
that it still is required (with the changed filename). It took me
some time to resolve this issue and I just wanted to spare others
from wasting their time ...

Regards, STefan