Re: WITHOUT_GNU_[COMPAT|SUPPORT]

From: Gabor Kovesdan <gabor_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 19:45:11 +0200
Em 11-10-2012 19:09, Ian Lepore escreveu:
> I want to build grep without the gnu regex library.  The makefile for
> usr.bin/grep  contains
>
>   .if !defined(WITHOUT_GNU_COMPAT)
>
> And man src.conf documents WITHOUT_GNU_SUPPORT but doesn't mention
> WITHOUT_GNU_COMPAT.  Is this a typo in the makefile, or an ommision from
> the src.conf manpage?

That time when I added the WITHOUT_GNU_COMPAT knob I didn't make it
global, just used it for testing grep. I didn't think it was of any use
for users and I wasn't aware of the existence of WITHOUT_GNU_SUPPORT. If
it seems useful, I can change grep to use this global flag instead of
the custom knob and it will just be built without the gnu regex library
if the knob is set.

Gabor