Re: Regression with ZFS on recent current

From: Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 00:26:23 +0200
On 10/17/12 23:45, Andriy Gapon wrote:
> on 18/10/2012 00:05 Andriy Gapon said the following:
>> on 17/10/2012 20:24 Guido Falsi said the following:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> While testing portshaker I found a regression in latest current.
>>>
>>> portshaker depends on ZFS(when enabling ZFS support) remounting
>>> filesystems on the fly when changing the mountpoint property. This is
>>> working as expected on 9.x while on 10-current is not working. Problem
>>> has appeared sometime before October 3rd.
>>
>> Can you clarify what you mean but this date?
>> That the problem didn't exist in head until recently?  Can you name a date when
>> the problem didn't exists in head then?

Sorry, I was not clear. I was using -current from October 3rd up to this
morning, when I noticed this problem. I tried updating to the latest
sources to see if this was already solved by any of the recent commits
to zfs. I can't pin down a date when -current was working right away.

> Oh, hmm, not sure if it is a bug that we imported from upstream or a porting
> mistake.  Before r238391 do_prefix variable in zfs_prop_set (in
> cddl/contrib/opensolaris/lib/libzfs/common/libzfs_dataset.c) was always initialized.
> Now it is either explicitly set to B_FALSE or left alone uninitialized.
>
> http://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/cddl/contrib/opensolaris/lib/libzfs/common/libzfs_dataset.c?r1=237119&r2=238391&pathrev=238391

I can try reverting this diff and see if it solves the problem. Thanks
for pointing out this commit. I'll report back as soon as I have tested
this.

--
Guido Falsi <mad_at_madpilot.net>