Re: [HEADSUP] current switched by default to pkgng

From: Matthew Seaman <matthew_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 10:52:36 +0100
On 21/10/2012 10:33, Alex Keda wrote:
> I try use it on my home server.
> In make conf, I have
>> > WITHOUT_X11=yes
>> > NO_GUI=yes
> I run pkg2ng, set mirror in pkg.conf ....
> and, run
> pkg upgrade -y
>
> It update some packages, and install ~20 new packages, named x*
>
> How I can say "It's server, I do not need X on them"?

At the moment, that isn't possible using pkgs from the default pkgrepo.
Those packages are compiled using the default options settings in the
ports, which generally means X support is enabled.

So, you need to point your systems at a repo where the pkgs are compiled
with your preferred set of options.  Which boils down to "set up your
own repo."  poudriere is a good way of doing that, but possibly overkill
if you only have one system to manage.  portmaster with the pkgng
patches does the job for me.

Eventually we hope to make pkgng much more flexible with respect to
these sort of configuration choices, but that involves a number of
fairly significant changes to the ports (stagedir, sub-packages) as well
as some major new functionality in pkgng itself (importing a full
solver).  Even so, I suspect that for the ultimate in control, compiling
from ports will still beat just about anything else.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.