Re: ZFS cache devs UNAVAIL

From: Matthew D. Fuller <fullermd_at_over-yonder.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 21:24:10 -0500
On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 12:57:34AM +0200 I heard the voice of
Michael Schmiedgen, and lo! it spake thus:

> after an update to CURRENT 2012-10-17 my ZFS cache devs are marked
> UAVAIL after boot. These two devs are SSD partitions that are listed
> with some wired numbers (see below). Before that they were listed
> fine as ada0p1 and ada1p1.

I saw this after my update to 10.0-CURRENT #0 r241541: Sun Oct 14.

In my case, it's ada2p2 which is the cache that comes up unavail on
boot.  One notable thing may be that p1 is used for ZIL, and comes up
fine.

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        d           ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0  ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada1p3  ONLINE       0     0     0
            ada0p3  ONLINE       0     0     0
        logs
          ada2p1    ONLINE       0     0     0
        cache
          ada2p2    ONLINE       0     0     0

I notice that you also have a second partition on your drives that's
part of another pool.  Maybe it's related to something giving up after
assigning one partition from the drive to zpool somewhere?  Though in
your case it's p2 that's working and p1 that's wandered off, so maybe
that's not it...

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fullermd_at_over-yonder.net