Re: make: don't know how to make add-plist-buildinfo. Stop

From: Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk_at_MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:21:52 -0400 (EDT)
On Fri, 7 Sep 2012, Eitan Adler wrote:

> On 7 September 2012 04:35, O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de> wrote:
>> On all portupgrades, port installations I receive this error since today
>> on FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT amd64 r240150M:
>>
>> make: don't know how to make add-plist-buildinfo. Stop

Did you try searching for the add-plist-buildinfo target?  Grepping around
in /usr/ports/Mk/* found me a definition of that target, conditional on
PACKAGE_BUILDING being defined; doing so was an effective workaround until
I managed to break my system more differently [1].

>> *** [reinstall] Error code 2
>
> Fixed already. update your ports tree.

Good to know that I won't have to fight this one again.

-Ben Kaduk

[1] Upgrading from an old -current past the set_rcvar() deprecation, so
figured I'd just upgrade all ports.  It seems that a post-pkg2ng
pkg_delete -a has rendered /usr/sbin/pkg unwilling to bootstrap up, being
"Unable to create local database!", though I've hacked this system up a
bit in other ways so that may not be the real cause.  More mail once I
have a better grip on things.