Re: Latest -CURRENT/i386 could not start under VirutalBox 4.1.18 and 4.2 (Windows host): hangs up after atrtc0 detection

From: Ian Lepore <freebsd_at_damnhippie.dyndns.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:46:24 -0600
On Thu, 2012-09-20 at 00:37 +0400, Lev Serebryakov wrote:
> Hello, Freebsd-current.
> You wrote 20 сентября 2012 г., 0:22:00:
>
> LS>   I've upgraded my FreeBSD-CURRENT Virtual machine, which I use to
> LS>  build router's NanoBSD image, to today's morning (MSK time, GMT+4)
> LS>  revision. Unfortunately, I cannot provide exact version, as sources
> LS>  are in this unbootable VM too :)
>   Revision is 240689
>
>   It looks like patch to RTC which is useful on Geode LX causes this
>  hang.

Yes, exactly.  I updated the PR to request that my patch not get
committed because it locks up virtualbox.  I hope to find time soon to
learn enough about installing/configuring virtualbox to figure out what
the problem is (offhand,I suspect it hangs in the loop that probes for
the need to re-index, because vbox doesn't quite emulate the hardware
behavior fully).

-- Ian