Re: zpool can't bring online disk2

From: Garrett Cooper <yanegomi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 15:17:00 -0700
On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 1:42 PM, Jose A. Lombera <jose_at_lajni.com> wrote:

> I tried that, as you can see below, freebsd doesn’t have cfgadm
>
> Utility to un configure the device, according to,
> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/819-5461/gbcet/index.html, I looked to
> ports but there is no utility like that.
>

> Pardon me, my knowledge is little.
>

> Can you please type the command I will need, or if I need cfgadm do I have
> to look for that and install it in my freebsd box?

    The docs were written for Solaris, so I definitely don't expect
them to work verbatim on FreeBSD. The process is:

zpool offline <pool> <old-drive/partition>
zpool online <pool> <new-drive/partition>
zpool replace <pool> <old-drive/partition> <new-drive/partition>

    The missing command was also noted in the first email you sent out.
Thanks,
-Garrett