Re: ZFS TRIM support committed to HEAD.

From: Ryan Stone <rysto32_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 20:38:57 -0400
On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 1:03 PM, Steven Hartland
<killing_at_multiplay.co.uk> wrote:
> Ahh yes looks like ATA supports BIO_DELETE via ATA_CFA_ERASE if the drive
> announces ATA_PROTO_CFA, so I can only assume this is failing when it
> shouldn't.
>
> Might be nice to investigate what's happening and fix, but as ATA is
> being replaced by CAM ATA not sure its worth it?

I believe that the code that you are looking at refers to a old
command that is only implemented by CompactFlash cards.  The ad(4)
driver does not currently support the TRIM command.  I have an
internal patch that implements it for FreeBSD 8.2; if there's interest
I could try to dig it out.