zfs + hast recreate raid5 can this be with out losing data.

From: Jose A. Lombera <jose_at_lajni.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:18:57 -0700
Recently one of my hdd (disk2) from pool went bad.

I was able to replaced it, but the zpool was never able to bring it online.

[root_at_san1 /usr/home/jose]# zpool status -x

  pool: tank

state: DEGRADED

status: One or more devices could not be opened.  Sufficient replicas exist
for

        the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state.

action: Attach the missing device and online it using 'zpool online'.

   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-2Q

scan: scrub repaired 0 in 12h4m with 0 errors on Sun Sep 23 19:14:19 2012

config:

        NAME                      STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM

        tank                      DEGRADED     0     0     0

          raidz1-0                DEGRADED     0     0     0

            hast/disk1            ONLINE       0     0     0

            11919832608590631234  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  was
/dev/dsk/hast/disk2

            hast/disk3            ONLINE       0     0     0

            hast/disk4            ONLINE       0     0     0

            hast/disk5            ONLINE       0     0     0

            hast/disk6            ONLINE       0     0     0

            hast/disk7            ONLINE       0     0     0

            hast/disk8            ONLINE       0     0     0

            hast/disk9            ONLINE       0     0     0

            hast/disk10           ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

Thinking that was due to HASTD running I stopped it, but did not stop so I
killed  it.

This caused the pool to disappeared.

Thinking that I might have to do it from the RAID LSI Controller, I shut
down the system and went into LSI configuration.

I have configured Raid0 for every sata hdd, so when I replaced the bad disk
(disk2) Raid0 (LSI) moved the disk one level down.

The new disk just replaced (disk2) took the place of the disk10 (last one in
the configuration, raid0 thinks is a new disk)in the OS and disk3 became
disk2 and so on.

I have to find the way to bring disk2 back online.

            11919832608590631234  UNAVAIL      0     0     0  was
/dev/dsk/hast/disk2

For some reason zpool online doesn't let me do it.

[root_at_san1 /usr/home/jose]# zpool online tank /dev/dsk/hast/disk2

warning: device '/dev/dsk/hast/disk2' onlined, but remains in faulted state

use 'zpool replace' to replace devices that are no longer present

[root_at_san1 /usr/home/jose]#

Do you have any idea how can I do that.

Or do I have to do this, to recreate the raid?

            zpool create zhast raidz1 /dev/hast/disk1 /dev/hast/disk2
/dev/hast/disk3

someone from support told that I can recreate the RAID5 without messing the
data?

Would this fix the disk2 that zpool can't see.

No sure if this true.

Can someone with ZFS and HAST experience help me out here.