Re: MPSAFE VFS -- List of upcoming actions

From: Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer_at_omnilan.de>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 13:02:54 +0200

>>> http://www.freebsd.org/~attilio/fuse_import/patch-Makefile
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/~attilio/fuse_import/patch-mount_fusefs__mount_fusefs2.c
>>>
>>> They both disable the old kernel building/linking and import new
>>> functionality to let the new kernel support work well in presence of
>>> many consumers.
>>>
>>> In addition to fusefs-kmod, Bryan and Florian have also updated
>>> fusefs-lib and fusefs-ntfs ports. For instance, please refer to this
>>> e-mail:
>>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2012-August/077950.html
>>>
>>> Even if this work is someway independent by the fusefs-kmod import, I
>>> warmly suggest to all of you to use their patches (and this what we
>>> have been testing so far too.
>> So, after Bryan and Florian ports update, I've also committed userland
>> part of fusefs-kmod and now the project branch fully mirrors
>> functionality of fusefs-kmod. The code in projects/fuse, infact, will
>> also install mount_fusefs as part of the fuse support.
>>
>> You can use the branch directly or this patch against -CURRENT at 240752:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/~attilio/fuse_import/fuse_240752.patch
> Hello,
>
> first, many thanks for your effort bringing fusefs support into base
> with decent stability!!!
> I tried to compile RELENG_9_1 with your patch, but failed figuring out
> why compiling world stops with this error:
>
> src/sbin/mount_fusefs/mount_fusefs.c:319: error: void value not ignored
> as it ought to be
> *** [mount_fusefs.o] Error code 1

Reason is sbin/mount/getmntopts.c, where checkpath() is void, which
changed to int in r230226 8 monthas ago in head.

Log:
   Change checkpath() to not exit on error. This is a prerequisite for
   fixing the mount(8) "failok" option.

Some questions: Is this planned to be mfc'd and if so, how can one know?
And another svn-dummie question: How can I get the committ as a diff? cvsweb provided an esay click if I remember correctly.

Thanks,

-Harry