Re: Intel D2500CC motherboard and strange RS232/UART behavior

From: Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 21:13:56 +0400
Hello, Poul-Henning.
You wrote 7 апреля 2013 г., 19:36:09:

>>  I've built new router based on Intel D2500CC motherboard.
PHK> I have similar problems, and have not found any solution, but havn't
PHK> tried particularly hard either.

PHK> Try running the uarts in polled mode, to find out if it's an IRQ
PHK> issue ?
 It  looks  like  so.  BIOS  mentions IRQ for each UART, but vmstat -i
 shows  only  irq3 for uart0 and uart2 but no irq4 for uart1 and uart3
 (dmesg and BIOS says about irq4 for them).

 Maybe, device.hints helps? I'll try it. It looks like uart(4) can not
 communicate well with ACPI.

 How to switch polled mode? man uart(4) doesn't mention "poll" at all.

PHK> The VGA is also funky, you cannot do 32bit writes to display
PHK> memory (I committed a fix for that already)
 Fortunately, I don't need VGA after first installation :)
 But serial console will be nice.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev_at_FreeBSD.org>