Re: RE: rebooting nvidia + keyboard issues

From: Waitman Gobble <uzimac_at_da3m0n8t3r.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2013 16:06:27 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 3 Apr 2013 10:35:47 +0100, "Thomas Sparrevohn"
<Thomas.Sparrevohn_at_btinternet.com> wrote:

>I have had the same problem - it seems like a "sysctl" call provokes a
>overrun in a strlen call. It is not reproducible with a GENERIC kernel with
>debugging in my case. However a simple workaround is to compile
>nvidia-driver with gcc.

Thanks for the info, it does seem to be working when compiled with base gcc.
no reboots yet.
OpenGL works again, yay. and a day after I read about AMD opening up the UVD
driver, i read about nvidia opening up 3D tegra.

GLEW version 1.9.0
Reporting capabilities of display :0.0, visual 0x2b
Running on a GeForce GT 220/PCIe/SSE2 from NVIDIA Corporation
OpenGL version 3.3.0 NVIDIA 310.32 is supported

BTW looks like a new version is available:

FreeBSD Display Driver – x86
Version: 313.30
Release Date: 2013.04.02
Operating System: FreeBSD x86