Re: newnfs pkgng database corruption?

From: Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 00:16:52 +0200
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 08:09:42AM +0000, Eggert, Lars wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Apr 10, 2013, at 10:02, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
> > This can usually happen when a user do not have the nfs lock system started.
> > Are you sure that nfs lock is correctly started?
>
> with NFSv4, the locking system is integrated with the main protocol, it's no longer separate.
>
> > If that is the case, there is anyway a bug in pkgng that should catch the
> > problem and refuse to operate in such situation, I know sqlite to provide a
> > mechanism that allow us to be able to catch this, I'm not sure yet to use it.
>
> Not sure about that.
>
> In case anyone wonders, the corruption is quite substantial:

I think I know why let me a couple of days to test a patch.

Unfortunatly your database can't be recovered apparently sqlite has some
problems with the locking ystem of nfsv4 and has some workaround.

Will you be able to test it?

Just to warn you firefox may have the same problem with unbundled sqlite.

regards,
Bapt