Re: newnfs pkgng database corruption?

From: Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 19:10:47 -0400 (EDT)
Lars Eggert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Apr 11, 2013, at 1:28, Rick Macklem <rmacklem_at_uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> > Error code 70 is ESTALE (or NFSERR_STALE, if you prefer). The server
> > replies with that when the file no longer exists.
> >
> > File locking doesn't stop a file from being removed, as far as I
> > know.
>
> but the file is still there.

Well, I have no idea why an NFS server would reply errno 70 if the file
still exists, unless the client has somehow sent a bogus file handle
to the server. (I am not aware of any client bug that might do that. I
am almost suspicious that there might be a memory problem or something
that corrupts bits in the network layer. Do you have TSO enabled for your
network interface by any chance? If so, I'd try disabling that on the
network interface. Same goes for checksum offload.)

rick
ps: If you can capture packets between the client and server at the
    time this error occurs, looking at them in wireshark might be
    useful?