Re: ipfilter(4) needs maintainer

From: Gary Palmer <gpalmer_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 12:06:48 -0400
On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 09:48:33AM -0600, Warren Block wrote:
> Is it possible to move ipfilter into a port?

That may work short term, but the ENOMAINTAINER problem will quickly creep
up again as kernel APIs change.  If the author has lost interest in
maintaining the FreeBSD port of ipfilter then unless someone steps forward
to carry on the work, I don't see much of a future for ipfilter in
FreeBSD

Do we honestly need three packet filters?

Regards,

Gary