Re: ipfilter(4) needs maintainer

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2013 20:30:59 +0200
Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo_at_gmail.com> writes:
> 2. PF is being felt to be part of FreeBSD, but it too lags far behind
> OpenBSD implementation - almost like it's unmaintained. There has been
> debates about this which were never concluded. Most of you will agree with
> me on this.

FreeBSD's version of pf is actively maintained by Gleb.  IIUC, the
reason why it lags behind OpenBSD is partly that OpenBSD keep making
changes to the filter syntax which break existing rulesets, and partly
that FreeBSD's and OpenBSD's network stacks and locking primitives are
so different that we can't easily plug OpenBSD's code into our kernel
without significant performance issues.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no