Re: r248583 Kernel panic: negative refcount 0xfffffe0031b59168

From: Shawn Webb <lattera_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 07:15:44 -0400
On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 4:35 AM, Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_freebsd.org>wrote:

> I did receive Shawn's report some time ago, I even installed Chromium to
> try to reproduce it, but it didn't crash for me yet.
>
> If there are some easy, but reliable steps to reproduce it, like "open
> this webpage in tab 1, then this webpage in tab 2, then close tab 1"
> that would be great. This kernel coredump is not really useful, as we
> this is legitimate case of decrementing reference counter. The problem
> is that something decremented it earlier when it shouldn't or it wasn't
> incremented somewhere. DTrace might be useful tool here if we could
> instrument it to log backtrace of all increments and decrements done by
> the Chromium processes.

Opening and closing tabs seems to be what does it for me. Try
opening/closing tabs that have sites open that use Flash (like YouTube). It
seems that I can go longer without a kernel panic these days, but it still
does happen. I've pretty much switched to using Firefox. I was able to
pinpoint the commit, but I wasn't able to pinpoint the actual code that
causes the panic. For what it's worth, I'm also running ZFS on root. I'm
not sure if that makes any difference.

Pawel, can you give me some DTrace scripts to run? I have DTrace enabled on
the machine.

Thanks,

Shawn