After a source upgrade from 8.3-RELEASE to r249432 (HEAD)

From: George Mitchell <george+freebsd_at_m5p.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:58:26 -0400
It was pretty successful.  All my 8.3 packages are still running very
happily, though at some point I imagine I will have to update and
recompile them.

But ...

When I press ENTER in the boot0 screen, I get the hyphen that will start
spinning after a timeout and begin loading boot1 (which, as far as I
know, I have not updated).  boot1 (I think) presents me with a prompt
that does not respond to key presses on the keyboard.  It times out and
continues loading anyway.  At this stage, I am always presented with a
manual mountroot: prompt, and I have to type "ufs:/dev/ada0s1a" to get
any further.

Does this just mean I should update the boot code?  Presumably "fdisk
-B" won't change anything.  Should I just do "bsdlabel -B"?  (It's an
MBR disk.)

Aside from this glitch, I'm very happy with how smoothly the update
went.  And I wouldn't be complaining, except that I'm tired of having
to type "ufs:/dev/ada0s1a" every time I boot.       -- George Mitchell