Re: ipfilter(4) needs maintainer

From: Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_komquats.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 06:54:54 -0700
In message <CAPyFy2BaoF-7t-skTUPt97hkRgdjO-KbB2-vhjOus-nutNO5Fw_at_mail.gmail.c
om>
, Ed Maste writes:
> On 15 April 2013 16:12, Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_komquats.com> wrote:
> > The existing license isn't that BSD-friendly either, which is why it lives
> > in contrib/. I think the 5.1.X GPLv2 is about the same friendliness as
> > Darren's IPF 4.1.X license. As long as it's not in GENERIC should be fine.
> > A person can always load it anyway.
>
> There's a plan[1] to remove the remaining GPL components from base
> over time.  Updating to the last ipfilter that's under the current
> license is probably the path forward, unless it moves out to ports.
>
> [1] https://wiki.freebsd.org/GPLinBase

That's been pointed out to me. IPF's build/install scripts place header
files in /usr/include, IMO unacceptable for a port. Going forward we go to
4.1.34 (still under the old license) then look at options.

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <Cy.Schubert_at_komquats.com>