sysctl -a: Crashes CURRENT

From: O. Hartmann <ohartman_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2013 14:01:29 +0200
trying to read the temperature on an Intel Core-i7 3930K box
(10.0-CURRENT #2 r249647: Fri Apr 19 13:22:41 CEST 2013 amd64) via

sysctl -a|grep tempe

crashes sporadically the system due to panic/page fault and dumps core.

I'm not able to reproduces this behaviour by intention, as I stated at
the beginning, the crash occurs sporadically.

That also happened once on a Core2Duo based box (Intel E8400), but also
not being reproducable.

First occurence was over Easter.

Since all the boxes in question use the Intel temperature sensor driver
in-core, the question is whether there is a known issue and I better do
not use the driver (device coretemp).

Since I'm also incapable of triggering this error by will, I'm sorry not
providing more informations. the last incident was during kernel
compilation, but at this very moment, I recompile also a kernel and try
trigering the crash - but it doesn't work.

Oliver