Re: Computers Won't Turn Off or Reboot

From: Kevin Oberman <rkoberman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 15:50:58 -0700
On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 3:26 AM, Artyom Mirgorodskiy <
artyom.mirgorodsky_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> I have similar problem when start X server with intel driver.
>
> On Monday 22 April 2013 18:50:37 Shawn Webb wrote:
> > Hey All,
> >
> > I'm on r249745 on amd64. For the past few weeks, my box hasn't been able
> > completely turn off or reboot. The box sits at the console at the "All
> > buffers synced" message. I'm running root on ZFS in a two-disk mirror
> > setup. No kernel panics or dumps or anything.
> >
> > Let me know if there's anything I can do or more information  you need.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Shawn

I am seeing the same thing on my 9.1-STABLE box. It was running a kernel
from Jan. 27, but after updating on April 16 (r249571M), I can't get it to
shut down. I am running KMS, so it's hard to tell just where it is hanging
and a GENERIC kernel patched for the new kernel fusefs implementation found
in head. The system shuts down cleanly if X has not started and also if
shutdown is done soon after it is started. I suspect that the issue only
shows up if I write to an NTFS volume. The hang occurs whether or not the
fuse systems have been unmounted.

System is an amd64 kernel on a Core5i-2520M ThinkPad T520. 4G memory.
Generic kernel EXCEPT that I am running the kernel fusefs implementation
from head.

Do any of the other reporters of this use fuse?
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: rkoberman_at_gmail.com