Re: Light humour

From: Joshua Isom <jrisom_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:35:27 -0500
I found it a few weeks ago.  I left a comment in the jails article about
citing sources.  Comments need moderator approval, and of course it was
never approved.  The blog actually turned up in google's list in the
front page when I searched for "FreeBSD Linux jail."

I read an article on slashdot that BSD style licenses are becoming more
popular, probably realizing the long term ramifications of GPL style
licenses.  I think the most dangerous thing in many GPLed projects is
"any later version."  It gives the FSF licensing control instead of
developers.

There needs to be a pro-BSD blog.  Regarding the licensing differences,
it's simple.

BSD: "If you love something, set it free.  If it comes back to you, it
was meant to be."

GPL: "If you love something, set if free, but put a chain around it's
neck to make sure it doesn't get out of sight."