Re: Light humour

From: Daniel Kalchev <daniel_at_digsys.bg>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 14:57:28 +0300
On 29.04.13 12:40, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Daniel Kalchev wrote:
>> On Apr 29, 2013, at 2:37 AM, Diane Bruce <db_at_db.net> wrote:
>>
>>> http://www.softpanorama.org/Copyright/License_classification/social_roots_of_GPL.shtml
>> By any measure a very good one. Could use some editing of course to make it easier to comprehend for readers of different cultures though … and simplify English sentences . :)
>>
>> Daniel
> I suggest others save time & not read URL above,
> 	A skim finds pretentious verbiage, socioligist's analysis
> 	of different views of GPL v BSD people v. Stallman ...
> 	"throughout the XIX century into the early XX"
>
> Cheers,
> Julian

You just prove that guy's point. Ironically, as with everything else -
any "don't read it" plea has exactly the opposite effect.

My observation is that the typical "Russian soul" kind of
thinking/expression is pretty much incomprehensible in the "western"
world. Some real gems are often ignored/lost because of this. As is, by
the way the concept of "Intelligentsia" which is in the core of that
particular article.

The author rightly points out that the different licensing models and
the resulting different culture (of development, administration, usage)
in the Linux and BSD worlds is the result of different perception and
values. The different knowledge and understanding of the .. world too,
plays a role. It's just like with how humans grow trough their life, you
have one set of values as a child, other as young/adult and yet another
as a senior person.

Daniel