Re: svn error during 'make buildkernel'?

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 17:10:45 -0700
On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 06:47:19PM -0400, Glen Barber wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 03, 2013 at 03:46:08PM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:

> > > I cannot differentiate what version of svn is used to check out the
> > > tree.  When in doubt, software in base wins, IMHO.
> >
> > You don't need to differentiate anything.  devel/subversion
> > installs svnversion.  svnversion simply needs to be in $PATH.
> > If newvers.sh can't find svnversion in $PATH, then it can fall
> > back to /usr/bin/svnliteversion.  The install svnversion from
> > devel/subversion will in all likelihood be consistent with the
> > svn used to checkout/update /usr/src.
> >

> No, because you can set WITH_SVN=1 in src.conf, and svnlite will install
> as svn.

If someone set WITH_SVN=1, then more than likely she has already checked
out/upgraded a /usr/src with the newly anointed 1.8.0 and she has
de-installed devel/subversion.  So, newsver.sh looks for svnversion in
$PATH.  It will find svnversion from the WITH_SVN=1 setting, the
svnversion from devel/subversion in $PATH, or no svnversion.  If it
can't find a svnversion at all, the script falls back to looking for
a svnliteversion.  If the script can't find svnversion or svnliteversion,
then it issues an error.

--
Steve