Re: svn error during 'make buildkernel'?

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 17:50:28 -0700
On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 07:28:00PM -0400, Glen Barber wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 04, 2013 at 04:23:58PM -0700, Steve Kargl wrote:
> > Here's a perfect example why chasing the bleeding edge ports
> > is a stupid idea.  After upgrading devel/subversion as you
> > suggested, I see
> >

> They are not "bleeding edge ports", they are updates to ported software.
>
> > cd /usr/ports
> > % svn upgrade
> > % svn update
> > Updating '.':
> > svn: E170000: Unrecognized URL scheme for 'http://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head'
>
> Did you enable the SERF option?
>
> If not, then clearly adding an UPDATING entry is pointless anyway, since
> you did not read the ports/UPDATING entry 20130619.

Given that you failed to add info to src/UPDATING about the
need for subversion 1.8.0 (or newer) if svnlite is also installed,
why would you expect one to think that a change to devel/subversion
would be documented in ports/UPDATING.

Please fix your commit.  See my first email in this thread for
the problem.

If you are disinclined to fix your commit, then consider this
an official request to back out revision 252505.

--
Steve