Re: [CFT] VMware vmxnet3 ethernet driver

From: Bryan Venteicher <bryanv_at_daemoninthecloset.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 08:40:43 -0500 (CDT)
----- Original Message -----
> it'd be nice if we could get vmware to just support the drivers in tree..
> by which I mean, just submit patches.. why do they need to have it out
> of tree?

I agree. But they are all unfriendly licensed. The FF had a discussion
to get them relicensed to something more suitable, but that went no where
over the past year.

It is unfortunate this vendor supplied, out of tree driver, issue is
still around. Linux should have taught companies how foolish this is.