Re: [net] protecting interfaces from races between control and data ?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 17:18:02 -0700
.. and it's not just about "saturate the port" with traffic.

It's also about "what happens if I shut down the MAC whilst I'm in the
process of programming in new RX/TX descriptors?"

The ath(4) driver had a spectacular behaviour where if you mess things
up the wrong way it will quite happily DMA crap all over the memory of
your running system, leading to quite hilarious bugs.

-adrian