Re: CFT: PCI Command Register fixups

From: Marius Strobl <marius_at_alchemy.franken.de>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 23:47:19 +0200
On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 09:56:48PM -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> All,
>
> Subversion rev 250418 affected approximately 63 drivers by making them vulnerable to resource allocation failures on motherboards with buggy BIOSes.  The revision itself is good, but it needs to address these drivers and bring them up to what is, in effect, a modified way for drivers to manage their PCI resources.  If you've been seeing something like the following message since June 24/27, then you need this patch:
>
> mps0: <LSI SAS2116> port 0xd000-0xd0ff mem 0xfb79c000-0xfb79ffff irq 19 at device 0.0 on pci4
> mps0: PCI memory window not available
> device_attach: mps0 attach returned 6
>
> The patch originated from John Baldwin, I merely fixed up a few nits and am passing it around for review and testing.  Please find it here:
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~scottl/pci_command_fixes.patch

In mpt_pci.c, there's a style nit/inconsistency regarding the other
drivers touched by the above patch; if after these fixes, a driver
still fiddles with PCIR_COMMAND, it should be just fine to also OR
in PCIM_CMD_BUSMASTEREN as part of that and to not additionally call
pci_enable_busmaster().
Apart from that, the patch looks good to me.

Marius