Re: Panic - ffs_valloc: dup alloc

From: AN <andy_at_neu.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 23:14:19 -0400 (EDT)
On Sat, 10 Aug 2013, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On 10 August 2013 19:19, AN <andy_at_neu.net> wrote:
>> Hi All:
>>
>> I am having a major problem on current at the moment, and I could really use
>> some help.  I am at R253966 on amd64, my problem is the machine is panicing
>> with: ffs_valloc: dup alloc
>>
>> I have booted into single user mode and run fsck, it reports that it has
>> fixed the file system but I still am getting the panic.  I did an svn update
>> to 254204 and tried to buildworld and the machine panics and reboots. If I
>> try startx the machine reboots with no message on the console.  Please let
>> me know what info to provide to troubleshoot this. Any help is greatly
>> appreciated.
>
> Have you run it twice, so it definitely doesn't use the journal?
>

> -adrian

Hi Adrian:

Thanks for replying.  Yes, I rebooted to single user mode and did a full
fsck _without_ using the journal, it found some problems and fixed them.  I
rebooted and am now rebuilding world.  It seems to be working now.  If I
have any more problems I'll report back.  Thanks for the response and
info.

Cheers!

Andy